Customs Clearance has never been more complicated than it is at present, but Customs Accounting Services are here to help and make it as simplified as possible for your business. In order to ensure the smooth movement of goods between the UK and Ireland, and the EU as well as from outside the EU.
Customs Accounting Services will make the following declarations to the relevant customs authorities on your company’s behalf in a quick and cost efficient manner.
Types of Customs Documentation
Common Customs Documentation:
- Import/Export declarations such as SAD’s (Single Administration Documents) including TAD’s (Transit Accompanying Document).
- Other Transit declarations and AAD’s (Admin Accompanying Documents) such as a Truck manifest or eManifest.
- Safety and Security declarations such as CHED’s (Common Health Entry Document) such as those required under the Sanitary & Phytosanitary ( SPS) controls, so as to ensure food safety.
- Entry Summary declarations such as ENS (Electronic Entry Summary) as required by HMRC.
Pre-boarding Notification (PBN), you’ll need this document to board a ferry, once the lorry gets a good to check-in status this will allow your goods to be shipped.
Types of Customs Clearance
Types of Customs Clearance:
We can act as a Direct Representative for Irish registered Companies for the purposes of customs clearance.
We can act as an Importer of Record (IOR), where we manage the customs clearance for importing shipments for those companies who don’t have any presence or business connections in the ROI or the EU including the UK.
Bulk Customs Clearance;
We can manage bulk customs clearance both in Ireland and in the UK for consignments containing a large number of small parcels or packages usually with a value of less than €22/£15 respectively which aren’t subject to Customs or VAT.
Customs Accounting Services will be providing Customs Clearance Services to businesses both here in Ireland and in the UK. Many Companies haven’t had to submit customs declarations in the past but will have to do so now, following the UK exit from the EU Customs Union on the 1st January 2021.
The principal is Andrew O’ Connor FCCA who has over 20 years experience in finance and taxation such as accounting for Customs & Excise and VAT, having worked across a range of industries including Warehousing and Logistics in both the SME and Multinational Sectors.
We have offices both in Ireland and in the UK, so we can submit customs documentation across both jurisdictions to the Irish Revenue services and the HMRC.
We are flexible in terms of how we service our clients. While in the current environment we will operate a virtual office as well as an on-call customs services network throughout the country, where we’ll come to see you in order to accommodate you and discuss your customs clearance requirements.
We bring our unique set of skills and experience to the fore in order to help small businesses manage their supply chains and avoid unnecessary delays due to the new customs procedures in place post-brexit, so as to ensure continuity of service to your customers. While at the same time helping your business keep costs to a minimum through effective management of your customs & VAT obligations, which will be managed at a reasonable cost.
There are many financial options to consider for Customs, including:
- Comprehensive Guarantees, which you’ll need to register for Temporary Storage in the case of inward processing, we can advise on the application process with either the Commercial Banks or the Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland (SBCI)
- Deferred payments, you can defer payment of custom duties using a deferred account, we can advise on how to register for one with the Irish Revenue service and the HMRC, you will need your comprehensive guarantee authorisation number before you can apply for a deferred payment authorisation in Ireland
- Postponed Accounting for VAT, under recent legislation introduced, companies can use postponed VAT accounting on imports (PIVA) resulting in significant cash flow benefits for your company. We will advise you on whether this would be suitable option for your business.
Other Professional Financial Services
Tax Returns – Irish/UK Traders
As registered Certified Accountants we can prepare your VAT returns and submit to both the Irish/UK Revenue authorities.
Company Setup – Non-EU Traders
As part of our IOR services for Non-EU Traders who wish to set up a presence in the ROI or UK, we can register your Irish or UK entity with the Irish or UK Companies Registration Office, and submit all relevant returns such as your Annual return including preparation of your Financial Statements.
Having a modern IT system is essential for any business but particularly in the new customs environment.
Real-time Customs Clearance
We use the most up to date technology on the market that allows our team to make electronic declarations in an automated and seamless fashion.
Our systems are designed to provide real time tracking, such as channel look-up for drivers to see when they can board, usually issued 30 minutes before. We can also check when the ship is arriving. We can also update our clients when their documents have been processed by the relevant authorities such as the HMRC.
We have a highly skilled team of customs administrators who are all fully qualified Accountants that have gone through a rigorous training process such as the Clear Customs program conducted by CILT (Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport) .
We have robust procedures in place to ensure the data is entered correctly on the system and has been correctly classified so as to prevent the trader paying the incorrect amount of customs duty as well as VAT.
We are very competitive on fees compared to other service providers in the market, who have higher level of overheads which they need to cover by charging there customers a higher price than us.