There are many financial options to consider for Customs, including:
- Comprehensive Guarantees, which you’ll need to register for Temporary Storage in the case of inward processing, we can advise on the application process with either the Commercial Banks or the Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland (SBCI)
- Deferred payments, you can defer payment of custom duties using a deferred account, we can advise on how to register for one with the Irish Revenue service and the HMRC, you will need your comprehensive guarantee authorisation number before you can apply for a deferred payment authorisation in Ireland
- Postponed Accounting for VAT, under recent legislation introduced, companies can use postponed VAT accounting on imports (PIVA) resulting in significant cash flow benefits for your company. We will advise you on whether this would be suitable option for your business.
Other Professional Financial Services
Tax Returns – Irish/UK Traders
As registered Certified Accountants we can prepare your VAT returns and submit to both the Irish/UK Revenue authorities.
Company Setup – Non-EU Traders
As part of our IOR services for Non-EU Traders who wish to set up a presence in the ROI or UK, we can register your Irish or UK entity with the Irish or UK Companies Registration Office, and submit all relevant returns such as your Annual return including preparation of your Financial Statements.
Having a modern IT system is essential for any business but particularly in the new customs environment.
Real-time Customs Clearance
We use the most up to date technology on the market that allows our team to make electronic declarations in an automated and seamless fashion.
Our systems are designed to provide real time tracking, such as channel look-up for drivers to see when they can board, usually issued 30 minutes before. We can also check when the ship is arriving. We can also update our clients when their documents have been processed by the relevant authorities such as the HMRC.
We have a highly skilled team of customs administrators who are all fully qualified Accountants that have gone through a rigorous training process such as the Clear Customs program conducted by CILT (Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport) .
We have robust procedures in place to ensure the data is entered correctly on the system and has been correctly classified so as to prevent the trader paying the incorrect amount of customs duty as well as VAT.
We are very competitive on fees compared to other service providers in the market, who have higher level of overheads which they need to cover by charging there customers a higher price than us.
As we’re an Importer of Record we can provide a comprehensive service to the Non-EU logistics companies who service the ‘Online Market Place Sellers’ to ship goods into Ireland and the UK.
Check out our news piece on Bulk Customs Clearance for Low Value Items.
Our Services for Business start ups include:
- Advice on what impact the EU/UK CTA (Comprehensive Trade Agreement) will have on their new business, in terms of Supply chain management .
- Advice on the most tax efficient structure for their new business – sole trader, partnership, limited company
- Advice on relevant Brexit grants that are available from the likes of Enterprise Ireland and the Local Enterprise boards such as the ‘Trading Online voucher’, or the ‘Get Ready for Customs’ grant from Enterprise Ireland.
- Assistance in preparation of business plans and cashflow projections
- Advice on raising finance for your business which has been affected by Brexit such as from the likes of MicroFinance Ireland.
Our customs services for Irish/UK Limited Companies are tailored to the needs and size of their customer/supplier base.
In addition we can provide company formation services for Non-EU Traders.